How to utilize the Hem 3-Year Limited Warranty
Before submitting a claim, please carefully review the Terms & Conditions below. Original Purchasers must notify Hem in writing of any claims within 3 years from the date of delivery and within 2 months of discovering the reason of the claim (fault). Please file your claim to Hem Design Studio Inc.
Upon receiving notification of a claim, the Hem representative will respond to your inquiry within 1 week. All warranty claims are subject to inspection by Hem. Hem reserves the right to determine whether or not damages are covered by the Warranty, at our sole discretion.
Warranty Terms & Conditions
The warranty applies from January 2019. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Warranty covers, and is valid only for, flaws and defects in the manufacturing or workmanship of the product. The Hem 3-Year Limited Warranty applies to Hem Products exclusively and does not cover or apply to any purchases made outside of Hem.com or outside of the United States. The Warranty may not apply to purchases made through third-party sites.
Hem does not cover:
- Changes in surface finishes due to aging or exposure to light;
- Natural variations of wood grain or figure or the presence of character marks;
- Natural variations of powder coating and/or other coatings;
- Damage to the fabric from machine washing/drying;
- Normal wear and tear (including, but not limited to, everyday wear and tear of surfaces, fabrics, and upholstery);
- Damage from external factors, such as any of the following:
— Sharp objects or imprinting from writing instruments;
— Prolonged exposure to moisture or direct sunlight;
— Modifications, alterations, tampering, or improper maintenance or repairs;
— Force majeure, including but not limited to fire, lightning, flood, tornado, earthquake, or hurricane;
— Any actions or uses performed outside of those recommended or specified on our site, including our FAQs.
- You must be the Original Purchaser and have a valid Proof Of Purchase. The Warranty is not transferable to subsequent purchasers.
- You must have purchased the Products directly from Hem.com or from a Hem Flagship Store and be located within the continental United States. May also, in certain cases, apply to purchases made through third-party sites. Please contact Hem for more information.
- We must receive your written Warranty request as set forth above within 3 years from the date of delivery.
- The Products, or Lighting must have been installed and used only in accordance with the specifications provided with the product or on our website (including those recommendations and guidelines specified on the FAQs page).
- The Products must have been used only for its intended use and must never have been subjected to abuse, accidental damage, or other abnormal usages, including but not limited to cuts, tears, burns, stains, soiling, liquid damage, or improper installation.
Hem’s sole obligation under the Warranty is to, in our own sole discretion, either remedy the defect or exchange the product as soon as practically possible after received notification about the defect. In the event it is not possible to remedy the defect or exchange the product, Hem will reimburse the purchase price of the product reasonably adjusted for any wear and tear. These remedies are exclusive. The repaired or replacement Products shall continue to be covered under the original Warranty for the rest of the original term. Under no circumstances will the Warranty be extended beyond 3 years from the date of purchase of the original Products.